Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Treasures from the Abyss


I've recently been cleaning out my room, a task that sorely needs to be done. Naturally, I found some wonderful gems, some nostalgic, some hilarious, and some straight up baffling as to where they came from or how they found their way into my room. They include some of the following:

This classy sweatshirt and scarf combo

A time capsule accurately predicting my career path, even though I didn't know what I wanted to do until my  freshman year of college

an inflatable graduate monkey

A toe ring and ankle bracelet (or an "anklet," as I would affectionately refer to it as)

an old baby toy

A certificate for "direct thinking"-- some things never change I guess

Some seriously 90s shorts

3 yo-yos even though I could never really yo-yo-- again, a 90s kid

A Lakers pin, despite never having liked the Lakers

An unsent secret admirer note

A half-completed cross stitch of "Home is where the cat is"

A neon green quill pen

A Jacob Black blanket--my mom thinks she's funny


Now here's where it gets good:

A can of beans, a spoon, and a roll of toilet paper in a disney princess bike pouch


This diaper...

with chocolate inside!

I can only attribute these to Vienna Ward white elephants, because I can't think of another place I could get something so weird.


Last, and probably my favorite, this classic kids book:

Apparently my love for hilarious cat pictures started way before lolcats.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! That is hilarious! Come clean my room when you're done with yours. ;)

    -Breanna

    ReplyDelete