Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Scariest Minute of My Life: Earthquake Edition

In case you haven't heard from the mass pandemonium that went on on the East Coast yesterday, there was a 5.8 earthquake originating in Virginia (REPRESENT). There were reports of people running and screaming in the streets. So naturally, I was one of them. I mean, you can't really blame me with damage like this:


Childhood art tipped--traumatic
I mean, look at this CD tower. There are, like, 7 CDs toppled onto the floor. Clearly there was cause for panic.
Granted, there was some legitimate concern in DC, seeing as it is almost the 10-year anniversary of 9/11:




Seriously though, there was some damage in some places, like the DC Temple. Apparently the tips of 3 or 4 spires fell off--so imagine 80-pound metal javelins falling on you from 7 stories + 50ish feet. That might be the worst possible way to die, because then you would know that God wants you dead more than He wants the temple completely intact. You'd KNOW where you'd be going after that.

5 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Oh my goodness. the childhood ceramic things made me laugh the hardest. hahahahaha oh wow this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha i cracked up at the 'childhood art tipped- traumatic' and the d.c. spire part. you are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey, this was fantastic. I especially loved the video, and I actually didn't know about the temple! That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha so great! The spires, the video...hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. number of times ashley has read this blog post: 86 (and still going)

    ReplyDelete