Friday, October 7, 2011

Insert Bagpipe Music Here

So you know how in Braveheart (edited, of course!) there are all sorts of awesome Highlands shots? Well, last time I watched that movie, I got really excited. And do you know why? BECAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE.

BAM. HIGHLANDS.

I'm officially obsessed. The Highlands are absolutely gorgeous.

So here's how it went down.
8am, meet outside of Haggis Adventures, the tour group we used. (They're fun and cheap-- I'd recommend using them if you're ever in Scotland.)

This is our tour bus. Need I say more?
First stop: Hamish, the Hairy Coo.


He's just a big, hairy cow of a breed indigenous to Scotland.

Next stop, Glencoe, which I've heard from multiple sources may be the most beautiful part of Scotland.
This is the way in.




This is purple heather, like from that Rod Stewart song.
It was absolutely breathtaking. No place quite like it.

For the next hour or so of our trip, I saw 3 rainbows. Because Scotland is magical.
1,

2,

3.
This last was taken at our next stop, Loch Ness.
I saw the monster, but unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of him. Which is really too bad, because I would be loaded right now if I had.
But, I did see get pictures of a canal in action! Which is about as rare as the Loch Ness Monster.

The Caledonian Canal.
But here are some Loch Ness pictures I did get:
Scotland has the coolest clouds EVER.




     
<><><><><><><><><> 
<><><><><><><><><> 
Utah shout-out!

This is where the Loch Ness Monster tried to escape.

On our way back from Loch Ness, we stopped at a couple notable little sight, such as this one:

Too good to pass up.
But really, it was a nice little memorial.


And lastly, here are a few epic shots from our travels home.
Sideways rain over purple heather. SERIOUSLY so Scottish.






And a sneak shot of a man in a kilt.
 All in all, a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment